Saturday, August 23, 2008

Who is Ziva Grace?

This is for those who are missing all the sweet day-to-day wonders of our child. We really do wish you could be here with us to experience Ziva Grace.

Ziva
…has her own private jokes with herself and the dogs. There are times she is playing and then she snickers to herself. When I smile at her in a way that asks what are you laughing at sweetie? She stops smiling in a “you wouldn’t understand way.” Or one of the dogs will walk by where she is playing and look at her in that way that makes dogs look like they are smiling and Ziva smiles back and giggles. Then I try to chime in and they both go back to as if nothing was happening.
…likes TV. Now don’t yell at me. I hate TV. I lived for four years without a TV and almost six years without cable. Now I am married to Jason Brown so things have changed. Plus we have a 50” TV (from our other house where it made more sense) in this small townhouse. How could Z not miss it? I try my best to keep it off but when it’s on she looks and smiles at it. She does watch Sesame Street. She loves the monsters. She also loves Yo Gabba Gabba which I do like and would let her watch when she gets older. I limit how long it is on during the day. I also have Techless Tuesdays when we go totally without radio, TV and internet…until daddy gets home. I can see her dad in her when she stares at the TV.
…loves to spin.
…loves to dance with Mommy and Daddy.
…likes to scratch things so that she can hear and feel the difference. She also drags her finger tips along the top of plastic things to make sounds. I can’t wait till she discovers chalkboards.
…is obsessed with Fulton, our Cat.
…loves walks. She just kicks back and enjoys the ride.
…smiles when we call the HOGS.
…uses her eyebrows in her reactions. When she does she looks just like her dad…at least her expressions do.
…really likes her closet. When I am holding her and I open the closet doors, Ziva gets this huge smile and stares in wonder at all her clothes. It’s too cute.
…sometimes puts her right hand out like a Shakespearean actor when she is talking to herself. It’s look like she is delivering a monologue from Hamlet.
…can clap. She really likes to clap.
…loves music. Especially live or string instruments. She’ll stop whatever she is doing to listen.
…likes to jump and jump and jump and jump and jump.
…loves books and being read to.
…is so sweet but is going to be very independent. At least that is what it looks like.

1 comment:

Just a Regular Guy said...

Sorry we're not checking this more often...I am glad to see that he made it home OK, I was a little worried about him but it was good to see him at lunch here in big D. Can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas if you get to make it in! Also glad to hear about Ziva's heart, we had to have G-man's heart tested when he was a baby and I know that can be stressful, but God is always there! Hopefully we will talk to ya'll soon! Canard Family